Planning your wedding in 3 months or less should be a difficult task, but we are going to simplify it for all the brides out there. There are a number of things that need to be put into place before the big day, so let's start!
Step 1: Deal with the Basics
- Discuss venue options and book space immediately. We would suggest booking a space that provides the catering as well.
- Hire an officiant.
- Skip the save the dates and send the invitations. Sending a digital wedding invite is the fastest way to communicate your details to your friends and family. Use websites like PaperlessPost or Evite.
Step 2: Attire
- Get a wedding dress. Boutiques like David's Bridal have off the rack selling so you can purchase and take your dress home in the same day. You can also look into second-hand dresses shops in your area.
- Pick out bridesmaid dresses from BridesMade. We have tons of style options and guarantee the dress will fit. We can get you your bridesmaid dresses before your wedding, even if it is a month away!
- Get your groom and his groomsmen suited using an online tuxedo rental service. On Tuxedo.ca, you can get a tux shipped to you the next day (if you live in Canada)!
Step 3: The Necessities
- Choose and order your wedding rings.
- Apply for your marriage licence.
- If you're wanting to go on a honeymoon immediately after the wedding, choose and book an all inclusive vacation. You won't have to worry about going over budget last minute, or planning anything other than your packing list.
Step 4: Contracted Wedding Guests
- Book a photographer. This item is not difficult as there is a surplus of photographers. You can even use this website, Photographer Central, to find a photographer to your need and date.
- Use gigmasters.com to find a DJ or band to play at your wedding if you don't already have someone in mind.
- Get yourself a florist. This lady or gent can do your bouquets, boutonnières, plus centrepieces, which hits three birds with one stone.
Step 5: Festivities Beforehand
- Create a registry at one place with lots of price point options for your guests.
- Throw one bridal shower and get your bridesmaids to help plan the food, decor, and games to take the stress of your shoulders.
- Keep bachelor and bachelorette parties close to home, or even combine the two and celebrate all together. This way, you can save some money and, you can get back to wedding planning the next day without transportation hassle.
And there you have it - how to plan a wedding in three months or less!