We wanted to give you the chance to get to know some of the wonderful people working behind the scenes at BridesMade. What better way to get to know someone than a round of 21 questions? Our first ever Q&A will be filled out by Kaleah Baker (me), VP Marketing at BridesMade. Here we go!
1. Who are you named after? My parents actually created my name after a city in France - Calais (Cal-ay). The proper pronunciation is kuh-LAY-ah.
2. What was your first job? Other than babysitting, my first job was as a cashier at a local grocery store. I loved the other people I worked with, and that I had infinite options of snacks during my break.
3. Favourite movie? Hard to say- I have too many!! The movie I've probably seen the most though would hands down be High School Musical (roughly 240 views and counting...)
4. Biggest fear? BIRDS. Anyone that knows me personally knows this to be true. I will walk on the other side of the street to avoid a pigeon if necessary. My friends used to think it was funny to tag me as pictures of birds on Facebook ... You know who you are ...
5. Sweet or salty snacks? Just all snacks. Sweet. Salty. Tangy.. Crunchy... brb, drooling.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? I want to!! But I think I'd need to try sky diving first for some reason. And more zip-lining.
7. What’s your favourite cereal? Mini Wheats, Wheats, WHEATS!
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Eyes and teeth - my father, sister, and best friends are all dentists.
9. What is your eye colour? Blue!
10. Favourite video dame? The Sims or Super Mario 3.
11. Favorite smells? Japanese Cherry Blossom 😍
12. Summer or winter? Summer! I love sun dresses, swimming, and sipping Long Islands while playing cribbage on a Patio.
13. One thing you could change about yourself? I always wanted to be better at volleyball, basketball, baseball, etc. I wish I had better hand-eye coordination, but oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I went traveling in Europe last summer, so I guess that's technically the furthest from home I've ever been, although other places at times have felt like they were further from home.
15. Do you have any special talents? I'm really good at packing. Is that boring? haha! Cars, suit cases, drawers - I've got you covered.
16. Next place you want to visit? Australia!
17. What are your hobbies? I'm a competitive cheerleader, and I also love to bake.
18. Do you have any pets? No, but I had two cats growing up, and really want to get another one!
19. What would you do if you won $50,000,000? I'd rent a private island and fly out all my family and friends. Everyone is allowed to stay and vacation as long as they don't annoy me ;).
20. One thing you can't live without? All the amazing friends I've collected along my journey so far. And my cell phone, because, well, it's 2016.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Taylor Swift's cat. Those two have it made.
Is there anything else you'd like to know about Kaleah? Comment below, e-mail us at email@example.com, or tweet us @BridesMadeCA! Stay tuned to see our 21 questions with our founder - Mallory!